Friday, August 4, 2006

Back on the farm again

Since I last wrote, I have driven over 2400 miles. Utah was wonderful. The mountains were beautiful. I could spend days just staring at their magnificent beauty. I haven't been so busy and so tired since my college days. We had activity packed days that turned into late night chats. It was great to get back in touch with friends and family that live too far away.

I made a friend along the way. We offered a ride to members of my parent's ward since we had plenty of room. Belva Wood jumped at the opportunity since she had business to take care of in Provo and had been searching for a way to get there. We talked for hours on end about everything under the sun. There are so many little things that you would never know about people unless you spent way too much time cooped up in a car together. I found so much strength in her story and I will always treasure the time we spent together.

Likewise, on the way home I picked up another passenger Katie. Now that I think about it, I never learned her last name. She is the best friend of my BIL's mother. She sings in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, a sort of rock star by my LDS standards. She didn't seem to mind my endless questions about how the choir worked and even provided us with a little in drive amusement when we would hear her snores from the back seat.

Yesterday, the kids and I made our way back to Arkansas. It is so good to be home. The quiet can be deafening at times. There just aren't enough kids running around and fighting here. I imagine in a day or two Olivia and Paxton will be bored out of their minds. Right now Mamaw and Papaw are good sources of amusement.

Today I had to run to the store and get some groceries. The fridge was bare when we got home. And then there was the mountain of unpacking to do. Jody lovingly warned me about the pile of laundry he had waiting for me. It's washed and dried, just not folded. Doesn't he know how much I dislike folding clothes? Or cleaning the bathroom for that matter? At least the livingroom and kitchen were emaculate. Maybe some of that training is sinking in...

No comments:

Post a Comment