Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Ramblings

I sit in front of this blank screen and I get blogger's block. So tonight it is ramblings.

I had a list of errands to run today. I try to make sure I have a list of things to do when I run to town so it isn't a waste of gas. I totally spaced going to the pharmacy and picking up Paxton and my medicine. This is why I should write things down!
-------------------------------------------------------
Jody is in Memphis for a few days. For some reason the house is easier to keep clean while he's away, but it feels so empty. Olivia is excited that she gets to sleep with me for the next two nights. I'm happy that I don't have to listen to her cry because she doesn't want to sleep alone.
-------------------------------------------------------
I went through my file box this evening and purged the old records. All I have left is the insurance forms and doctor's bills. I got bored with the sorting so they can wait until tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------------------
I did some research on blepharospasm. Why can't I be normal?! And I think the consensus for treatment is Botox. Great! The one plastic surgery option I had to go on a rant about not too long ago. The idea of shooting my face up with a deadly bacteria just doesn't seem wise. But if it really works...
-------------------------------------------------------
I've decided I should no longer watch the nightly network news. The last time I watched the intro I almost ended up in a panic attack. It took me the rest of the evening to convince myself that I didn't need to immediately go out and purchase a year's supply of food. So for my sanity I choose to live in a state of denial.
-------------------------------------------------------
I got the last picture developed that I need for my grandma's scrapbook. Now I need to get the book finished and in the mail. It's not as creative as I would like, but I think she will like it anyway.
-------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of food storage: I found two bags of rice today that had weevils in them. Darn bugs! How am I supposed to work on a year's supply of food if bugs keep hatching in it?! I bought some bay leaves because I read that they are a deterant or something. Now I have to figure out what to do with them.
-------------------------------------------------------
I wish it would rain. And cool down. The heat makes me feel panic attacky. I feel like I can't breathe in it. I'm counting down the days until Fall gets here. I can't wait for cool nights, less bugs, layered outfits and being able to bake without making the house feel miserable.
-------------------------------------------------------
I brought a box full of books home from Salt Lake and Nebraska. There are so many good reads to choose from that I don't know where to start. Am I the only one that has this problem? It's sad when I find a big selection of good books to be disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment