Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thirteen Random Things About My Week

1. I have survived another week of being a work widow. I have confirmed a few things about myself. I am still afraid of the dark, and I do not enjoy being a single parent.
2. Olivia and I make a great pair. She has enjoyed Jody being gone because that means she gets to sleep in bed with me. I don't know who needs the other worse, me or her.
3. I bought The Davinci Code at a yardsale for .25 and had it read in three days. It was a very interesting book. I found it hard to put it down once I started reading.
4. I am buying some new used furniture this weekend. I am getting a round crib and two dressers. I can't wait to get them in Paxton's room and start organizing.
5. I haven't cooked much of anything since Jody's been gone. I am so tired of eating "kid food" but it's so hard to cook a big meal just for me to eat and the kids to pick at.
6. I found out a sweet deal on satellite internet for cheap in this area. Now I am working on convincing cheap Jody that we should get it.
7. I want to create a blog that better fits my personality, but it isn't going to happen with this internet connection. So I am waiting...
8. I went shopping at JCPenneys and bought 5 new shirts, a tank top and 2 packs of panties for Olivia for a total of $40. Not bad!
9. We had a horrible experience at A&W last night. I need to write the company about it. I was seriously worried if we consumed the food we would get food poisoning. Last time I checked hot dogs were supposed to be hot after you cook them.
10. I took the kids to the lake today. Paxton has never been and it's been a long time since we took Oliva. Everyone asked who we went with. Um, just us. And we had a great time dang it!
11. It cost $6 to go swimming at the lake. When we drove up we were the only ones there. I got out of the van and found a $10 lying on the ground. Woohoo!
12. After we went swimming, we stopped and got pizza which cost $5.33. We ended up having a day of fun for $1.33.
13. I'm going to my friend's house to scrapbook tomorrow. I'm planning on finishing an album for my grandma. I just hope the kids cooperate.


http://thursdaythirteen.com">Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the game is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

1 comment:

  1. I would have picked up the ten and then worried and fretted about who it belonged to. I'm so weird.
    Anyway, I enjoy your blog and love you much.

    ReplyDelete