Thursday, October 23, 2008

Random thoughts

I splurged and bought a pretty shower curtain. I usually buy the cheap $1 liners from the dollar store. The one we had up was getting gross so I took it down. I could have sworn I got two the last time I bought one. I couldn't find it though. I ended up taping up a plastic pink table cloth for a shower curtain to tide us over until I made it to the store. How hillbilly is that! I decided to buy a fabric shower curtain so I can wash it and reuse it. While the kids and I were trying to decided which one to buy, Olivia had to point out the cheap liners. That's my girl. We settled on a green paisley shower curtain. Jody said it looks like a fabric that I would wear. It looks great in the bathroom. It matches my green walls perfectly. And it brings a smile to my face everytime I see it.
**************************************************
MIL bought the kids a wii yesterday. I was secretly giddy with excitement over the purchase. Jody said I could get one for my birthday, but I was too cheap to buy one. I had been stalking craigslist hoping for a deal. So MIL bought the system. I bought an extra controller and a chicken shoot game. After we got home I realized we needed a component connector to hook the wii to the tv. The punk kid at Target told me the system came with one, but it didn't. I also bought a game for Paxton and a game for me. Olivia bought her own game since she was originally saving her money for the wii. This little game system has already taken a chunk out of our wallet. It's going to be a lot of fun. I plan on trying out my new game while the kids are in bed tonight.
**************************************************
My older sister has put her house on the market in Nebraska and is planning to move here. They found a house that they are going to put a bid on. I cannot even express how happy this makes me. It's going to be so weird and wonderful to have some of my family so close. I'll have someone to shop with and clean with and cook with and celebrate birthdays and holidays with and call on when I'm sick or stressed or need help. I hope I'm not driving her crazy with all my incessant calls for updates on the packing/selling/buying situation.
*************************************************
We had a skunk situation that deserves its own blog post. Our house is now referred to as Skunk Hollow. I have never burned so many candles in my life. Yet another perk of country living.
*************************************************
The weather has finally cooled off. We are waiting on our electrician to come do some maintenance on our Hardy Wood Furnace before we fire it up. Since we are using the electric heat, we have been keeping the heat set at 66. Using the oven helps warm the house up so I've been trying to bake a lot. I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment