Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy 8th Anniversary

Today is our 8 year anniversary. Last night we were talking about our plans for the day, and Jody said he didn't have any. I told him after 8 years of marriage he had better know better.

The creative juices weren't flowing and I hadn't gotten Jody anything either. I had to run some errands today and I remembered the chocolate shop owned by a family from our Ward. Jody loves their chocolates. So I stopped in with the kids and picked him out an assortment of chocolates. Imagine my surprise when Jody walked in from work with an assortment of chocolates for me too. We know each other too well. We figure the owner had a good laugh at us both coming in. They made some good money off our family today.

Jody also got me a gift certificate for a massage. He scored big time with that one. I can't wait to use it.

My friend Danae watched the kids while Jody and I went out to eat. It was nice to have some alone time together. It's nice having a meal where I'm not constantly filling a drink for this kid or getting a napkin for that kid.

It's hard to believe we've been married for 8 years. I feel so blessed to have Jody for a husband. He makes being in love easy. I cannot imagine my world without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment