Monday, October 2, 2006

Paxton's 2nd Birthday

Paxton turned 2 years old today. I can’t believe my little boy is 2 years old! Has is really been two years since we headed to the hospital full of fear and excitement, half believing I would be sent home in false labor? Two years since our world was forever brightened? Where has the last two years gone? First rolling, then crawling and walking, and now talking, my little boy is growing up so fast.

Paxton’s not big on crowds so we decided just to have family over to celebrate his birthday. My sister and her son are here from Nebraska. It’s great since she was here right after Paxton was born (contrary to the plans we had made for her to actually be here for the birth as my birth coach, but that’s me and planning!) MIL, FIL and BIL all came too. Paxton wasn’t too keen on opening presents. As soon as he opened Anna’s gift of a John Deere tractor train, he was done. If it had been up to me I would have let him play with it and open the rest later, but MIL and FIL had their own agenda.

The cake, well, what can I say about the cake. It was supposed to be a tractor, but by the time I got done with it, it looked more like Super Nanny’s car. Perhaps a little toast to the terrible two’s that are just around the corner. Paxton doesn’t understand blowing yet so Olivia was delighted to blow out the candles. The cake was yummy and the leftovers will make a great breakfast tomorrow. (pictures will follow. blogger isn't letting me load them.)

Here’s to another healthy and happy year, my sweet little baby boy. I treasure every moment I have with you and can’t wait to watch you learn and grow. Love-Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed wishing him happy birthday on his birthday. Well, Paxton, Happy Birthday, just a little late. ;)

    ReplyDelete