Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Absent

I don't know why I've been so absent lately. Part of my frustration is the super slow dial-up I have to deal with to get anything accomplished on the internet. We've also been incredibly busy. Once I get behind writing, it's overwhelming to get caught up.

I guess the biggest news is that we got Paxton's results back from the ADOS. His scoring indicates that he may be autistic and that we should seek further testing. I have always suspected Aspergers, but seeing it on paper was a bit overwhelming. We have an appt at the Dennis Developmental Center on August 5th and I am anxiously awaiting any information they can give me. Paxton was reevaluated at OT and passed the Fine Motor Skills with flying colors so his hours at OT have been reduced. They will reevaluated at the end of the summer to make sure he hasn't regressed at all.

I got a new car! I'd been shopping around for months because my van was on it's last leg. I did a ton of research and settled on a Nissan Versa Sedan. I figured it up and the car would pay for itself in what we saved on gas. Jody and I both felt really good about it. It's small but serves it's purpose for now.

We went on a 10 day trip to Nebraska with Sendai and her kids to visit my family. 2 adults, 7 kids and 3 puppies in a 12 passenger van makes for a fun vacation. We got back just in time to start the summer schedule of gymnastics and therapy. Olivia is now going to gym on Mon, Wed and Thurs from 9-1. And Paxton now has therapy on Mon and Wed right in the middle of when Olivia is at gym. It would mean a lot of running back and forth but thankfully my FIL is here to help out and can take Paxton to therapy for me.

Tomorrow Jody and I have reservations for the night at a hotel in Little Rock to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I can't believe we've been married 10 years! I feel so OLD! Sendai is going to watch the kids to we can have a night on the town. It will be nice to get away with just the two of us. I think this will only be the 3rd time since Olivia was born that we will spend the night alone without the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment