Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bedazzled

We have a rule in my family that you can get your ears pierced when you turn 7. My niece Soraya turned 7 earlier this month and planned on getting her ears pierced on her birthday. Olivia asked why she didn't get her ears pierced when she turned 7. I told her I never mentioned it to her because I figured she was too chicken to go through with it. The girl can be a bit of a drama queen. True to form, Olivia went with Soraya to get their ears pierced and Olivia chickened out.

Yesterday we watched the video of Soraya getting her ears pierced, and Olivia asked if she could get hers done. I told her yes but she really had to do it this time. We went to the store, Olivia picked out which earrings she wanted, and she got her ears pierced! Not even a peep out of her. She is so proud of them and told anyone who would listen that she got her ears pierced today.

No comments:

Post a Comment