Monday, March 23, 2009

Life

It all seems to be going by too fast. I have a picture of me during my first year of college on the kid’s dresser. I glanced at in the other day while putting the kids clothes away, and I was struck by how much younger I looked then. Those memories don’t seem so long ago. Can it really be 11 years? I watched a video of a young family just beginning- a tiny baby snuggled in a pink blanket and a new mother and father with big grins on their faces, not really aware of how much their world was about to change. I’ve been there. I did that. That innocence is gone. My children are growing up entirely too fast. Jody wants to be done with having babies. The thought of that phase of my life being over makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry. Having babies is what I’ve always dreamed of. What happens when it’s over? Before I know it, the kids will all be grown and I’ll wonder where that time went. It seems like it was just a few years ago when I left for college and found my place in world. Is there any way to slow the passage of time down? A way to enjoy every moment I have now before it slips away?

No comments:

Post a Comment