Monday, December 1, 2008

Random thoughts

Some of my family came for Thanksgiving. I had such a great time having them here. I got to show my mom all of my latest projects, and we had way too much fun shopping together. I can't wait for the day when they move back here permanently. Nebraska is just too far away. :(
*********************************************
I got to call Poison Control today after Sawyer ate half a tube of lip gloss. I figured he would be ok, but I thought I should double check. They assured me he would be fine. I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full with this little boy.
*********************************************
I have had a headache for a week. My neck has been hurting and now the pain extends up into my forehead. I have tried heat, motrin, tylenol, and excedrine but nothing helps. I should probably go to the doctor. but that is another bill I don't want. And I'm afraid he is just going to prescribe me pills instead of getting down to the root of the problem. Is this what getting old feels like?
*********************************************
My friend is due to have her baby anytime. I got to teach her a childbirth class last Sunday and I took maternity pictures of her on Tuesday. I may get to be her doula once she is in labor. She wants to see how helpful her husband is first.

I love anything to do with childbirth. I've been like this since I was a little girl. My sister and I used to check out all the pregnancy and childbirth books from the library and study everything in them. I went to college intending on being a nurse midwife, but I chickened out when I had cadavers my first semester. I still secretly think about going back to school to be an RN.
*********************************************
The transmission in my van was whining really badly when I was out and about today. I should probably mention it to Jody. We were told a year and a half ago that the van needed a new transmission. It's amazing that it has lasted this long- the longer, the better. We plan on driving it into the ground. We're hoping it lasts quite a bit longer. We hate to spend a lot of money with the way the economy is these days.
*********************************************
Speaking of the economy, I paid $1.46 a gallon for gas today. *doing the happy dance* I never thought it would be that cheap again.

No comments:

Post a Comment