Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back from hiatus

Life got busy and before I knew it, I was way behind on my blog. Let’s see what all has happened since my last post:

*I got my hair cut and highlighted. I love it but I’m still not used to seeing myself with short hair.

*We came home from Nebraska.

*The day after we got home, we left to stay at cabins at Lobo Landing with my family and several family friends. We went swimming, went to the river, went to the lake, went to Wal-Mart and did a whole lot of nothing. It was nice!

*My mom and I took the quilt top I made in college to a lady that does machine quilting. I have been putting off getting it finished for way too long. I can’t wait to get it back. It’s going right onto my bed where I hope it keeps us warm for many, many years.

*My friend’s 11-year-old daughter stayed with us for a week. It was different having an older kid around. She left yesterday. It’s actually weird not having her around any more.

*Olivia got a scholarship to join the Gym Stars gymnastic team. She will be competing as a Level 3. She has gym from 4-8 on Tuesdays. That’s a long workout for a little kid but she seems to love it.

*We started Olivia’s 2nd year of homeschooling. We’ve added more subjects this year so it’s a lot more involved. I’m trying to find the rhythm of cleaning house, entertaining Sawyer and getting school taught. I am constantly amazed at how quickly Olivia picks things up.

*Sawyer has moved up to 6-9 month clothes, is scooting everywhere, and is working on getting several new teeth. The top two are so close do being through. *see photo* He has been so fussy today. I hope he gets a little relief and we all get some sleep tonight.



That's all I can think of for now. I have some Walgreens posts but that will have to wait until a time when Sawyer isn't attached to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment