Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We're here!

We made the journey to Nebraska. I managed to only forget one thing. Not bad when packing for four people. Jody drove us to Branson where we met up with Anna and her family. Sawyer had mercy on us and slept most of the way.

If you ever vacation in Branson, I would NOT recommend staying at the Georgetown Inn. MIL happened to be on vacation in Branson at the same time we were, and she had mentioned that was where they were staying. The smoke filled lobby should have been the first indication that the place was a dump. It was so ghetto that they didn't even have wash clothes in the rooms. We suffered since it was only for one night but we will never, ever stay there again. The only perk to the room is that it was right next to a bungy jumping place. People who do that kind of stuff are nuts. I couldn't even watch the first couple people because it freaked me out so bad.

We went to the Dixie Stampede with Anna's crew and headed back to the roach motel. We stayed out late people watching, riding go carts and playing putt putt. It was actually a lot of fun. We'll have to vacation there again when Sawyer is a little bigger.

The next day we met up with Anna and transferred all of my luggage to her vehicle. Jody took the van back home and we rode the rest of the way to Nebraska with Anna. The trip went really smoothly. Sawyer slept most of the way again, and I even got to take a nap in the car, which makes the trip go by so much faster.

It feels so good to be back with my family. They live too far away. I love having help with Sawyer. Sendai has gotten him to go to sleep three times already. (Yes, I'm so excited about it that I'm keeping count.) The kids love having cousins and aunts to play with. And I love the fact that my mom does most of the laundry. I tell ya, it's the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment