Saturday, June 23, 2007

Taking the plunge

I have wanted a SLR camera since I was in high school. I couldn't afford one then, and I certainly couldn't afford one during college. I had even looked into taking photography classes in college, but I didn't have the money to buy a decent camera. I have often times told Jody about my dream of having a better camera. He could understand my enthusiasm. A while back he bought a vintage Rambler station wagon. He wanted to fix it up, but on our tight budget, we realized it would never happen. Jody said if I sold the wagon, I could have the money to buy a camera. Well, right before our trip, we sold the Rambler!! And today I took the plunge and ordered the camera!! I got a Canon Digital Rebel kit and extra lens. I'm so excited and nervous. I think this is the most money I have ever spent on something just for me - other than a car or an education. I can't wait to start learning how to use the camera. Unfortunately, I have to wait for it to get shipped here. Only 4-6 business days, and it should arrive. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment